IO Rolls Out IO.OS® Software Editions that Address Customer Needs from Small Data Centers to Complex, Global Data Center Networks
IO, the leading provider of next-generation modular data center technology and services, today announced a new release of IO.OS, the premier secure data center operating software. IO.OS is the first software to bring together in a single view all data center assets so organizations gain the business intelligence, real-time visibility and control of their environments needed to achieve optimal performance.
IO.OS is now available in three editions – Service Provider, Standard and Enterprise – to address a range of customer needs from a single, small data center to a complex chain of data centers and IT around the world. With IO.OS, enterprises gain an integrated view of data center infrastructure, environmental, energy recovery networks, power distribution networks, and IT networks, infrastructure and software.
The IO software enables organizations to securely optimize their data center infrastructure for cloud computing, high-availability applications, business continuity, data center consolidation and other strategic technology initiatives.
“IO.OS helps organizations securely manage and monitor their entire data center infrastructure from a single pane of glass,” said Kevin Malik, IO.OS General Manager and CIO. “With this new IO.OS release, no matter what an organization’s data center requirements include, we have the right toolset for them to gain the intelligent control they need to maximize utilization, resiliency and energy efficiency.”
The Service Provider Edition is the IO.OS foundation and begins the software pathway of a Data Center 2.0 technology strategy. Its capabilities also are in Standard and Enterprise. Service Provider features include:
- IO.Anywhere System Core software provides real-time monitoring of mechanical, power, cooling and electrical usage in an IO.Anywhere modular data center to optimize data center conditions and equipment. The software uses industrial controllers and communication interfaces to provide maximum control of system availability with no single point of failure.
- IO.OS Dashboard provides a consolidated view of data center infrastructure technology with the ability to drill down on multiple physical locations and thousands of devices from one screen. Using the dashboard’s intuitive interface, IT and data center personnel can quickly navigate through alerts, review environmental levels, create simulations and review other detailed analytics.
- Central Data Manager is a software tool to manage centrally an IO.OS configuration via a single user interface including customers, contacts, locations, partitions, devices, sensors, alarm and warning thresholds, notification rules, role-based user security and maintenance windows.
The IO.OS Standard Edition makes it possible for C-Suite executives, and IT and data center personnel to securely access their entire data center infrastructure – anywhere, anytime – with the following new, easy-to-use capabilities:
- IO.Notify taps the Windows 7.5 Phone mobile operating system so users can view current status, measurements and historical trend graphs on a smart phone or tablet. They can change set-points, push alarm notifications and set alarm filters.
- The IO.OS Web interface now leverages HTML 5, which enables IO.OS to deliver a richer, smart phone-optimized mobile web application for viewing data center infrastructure.
The IO.OS Enterprise Edition includes Standard Edition features along with new capabilities to help companies achieve an integrated, unified view of all their data center infrastructure and systems.
- OPC (OLE for Process Control) Client Logger integrates IO.OS with data center facility control devices, such as building generators and chillers, and fire suppression and life safety systems. This feature allows IT and data center managers to use IO.OS to view data from building management systems and power distribution networks.
- Dynamic API enables companies to integrate IO.OS with IT management and ticketing applications, such as IBM Tivoli and Candle, HP OpenView and BMC Remedy, for bi-directional data exchange between the systems. With this capability, organizations can use IO.OS to gain a consolidated view of data center and IT systems infrastructure to monitor and improve enterprise information technology operations. For example, an alarm in IO.OS could signal an issue with a virtual machine in a private cloud environment and then trigger moving the workload to another data center that can handle it to maintain cloud uptime.
- IO.OS ITN Module allows organizations to pull measurements, including CPU temperature, fan speed and more, from networked devices, such as storage arrays and virtualization servers, into IO.OS where they can be stored and viewed. The module integrates with SNMP v1 and v2c devices, VMware servers, EMC storage devices and systems using Microsoft PowerShell.
“With IO.OS Enterprise Edition, organizations have seamless integration of their data center infrastructure with building management and IT systems and software. Today’s IT priorities – such as cloud and mobile computing – require a reliable, high-performance environment, and IO.OS makes that happen by providing the intelligent control to interface directly with the physical and logical assets in a data center,” said Mr. Malik.
Founded in 2007, IO is a data center services company that utilizes the latest data center technology to deliver colocation and cloud services to businesses and governments around the world. IO’s next-generation colocation offering gives enterprises the flexibility to deploy legacy and cloud applications in a secure and efficient environment. IO operates six state-of-the-art data centers in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Singapore, and London. Trusted by some of the most demanding consumers of data center services, IO unleashes the potential for the data center to deliver sustainable business value. For more information about IO, visit io.com.
IO, the IO logo and all other IO trademarks are owned by IO Data Centers, LLC and its affiliates. ©2016.
Disclaimer: All information provided is subject to change without notice. IO is not responsible for errors or damages of any kind resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Although IO has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information presented, IO makes no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness and/or reliability of the information contained herein.