IO is the most sustainable data center
In the context of the data center, efficiency is about using less – less energy and less water – and about getting energy from renewable sources. At IO, we’re working hard to maximize the energy efficiency and sustainability of our data centers.Learn More
Efficiency & Conservation
In a first-of-its-kind study, IO, Arizona Public Service (APS) and DNV Kema (now DNV GL) evaluated the performance of IO’s modular data center platform compared to a raised floor environment. The study was conducted over a full year of actual use, and then normalized for factors such as weather conditions, envelope design, chiller plant efficiency and system utilization.
|Energy Overhead||204,458 kWh||113,767 kWh||90,691 kWh||44%|
|438,902 kWh||93,211 kWh||90,691 kWh||19%|
IO’s Commitments:At IO, we believe that 100% renewably powered, zero waste data centers are achievable and we’re working toward that goal every day and in every possible way. We’re using resources more efficiently and diligently seeking new ways to reduce our overall impact. To that end, we will:
- Actively work toward a long-term goal of 100% renewable energy procurement.
- Leverage our global footprint to enable distributed network availability and dynamic load placement.
- Continue to increase visibility into our data center operations and provide customers tools to measure their performance.
- Reduce on-site generation and backplane emissions.
- Work to eliminate wasteful behavior and create zero-waste data centers.
- Take a comprehensive approach to sustainability, involving everyone around us.
Veolia Water Technologies
PUE Technical Paper
The First-ever Side-by-Side Comparison of Energy Use in a Modular v. Raised Floor Data CenterDownload
IO received the 2015 Environmental Quality Award from the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA)Learn More
IO Sustainability Manifesto
A Call for 100% Renewably Powered, Zero Waste Data Centers